MAC UPDATE – WATERFOX
The CAV User application does not work with the latest Apple update to Mojave and Safari Version 12 released on September 24, 2018. A new CAV app version will work on the latest Apple update, but using a different browser: Waterfox. Please first do the Apple update, and then follow the instructions below to download Waterfox and update to the latest SRV Canada VRS app.
FOR THE NEW VERSION OF MAC OS MOJAVE:
- After you update your Mac to Mohave and Safari Version 12 (they come together), open user.srvcanadavrs.ca from Safari version 12, and you will be redirected to the page shown below.
- Once you see the screen below, log in.
- When connected to your account, you should see the screen below.
- Click ‘Install’ or ‘manual installation’.
- Follow the steps indicated on the instruction page. Start by clicking ‘Install LiveVideoPlugin’.
- Download the plugin.
- Install the plugin.
- Restart Waterfox. Close the Waterfox application, open it again by connecting to the CAV user: user.srvcanadavrs.ca and login.
- Refresh or reload the display.
If you notice that the plugin was not properly downloaded or installed, check in the list of plugins allowed by Waterfox.
- Select the menu in the top right corner of your browser and select ‘Add-ons’
- Select ‘Plugins’ and select ‘Ask to Activate’ on the Ivès Live Video Plugin.
- Make sure the LiveVideoPlugin is activated by selecting ‘Always Activate’. Repeat steps 8 and 9 from the previous instructions.